Frequently asked questions are answered here...
- I'd like to use one of your tracks I've heard, is this possible?Licensing one of our music tracks is usually a quick and easy process.
For licensing enquires please contact us and let us know:
1. your contact info
2. the name of the track
3. how/where you'd like to use the music
- Can I hire you to compose original music for my project? Bespoke original music composition is what we do best.
Contact us and tell us about your project, and we'll let you know how we can help!
- How can I contact Kevin?
- What services do you offer?We offer a range of Music and Audio services.
Original Music Composition
Music Licensing (for all our catalog of existing music tracks)
Music Tuition (via Skype)
Audio Post Production
Mixing (including 5:1 Surround Mixing)
Public Speaking (on Music and Creativity)
Music Consultancy & Supervision
Contact us if you would like details on any of our services.
- Can I hear some examples of music? There are several ways you can hear Kevin's music.
1. To hear music examples here on this site, click Music Search and search our music right here by mood.
2. On Spotify, Apple Music, or YouTube etc just search Kevin Kerrigan
3. Click Showreel to see a visual showreel of some past work
4. *If you are a potential client, please contact us to tell us about your specific project and we'll send you a bespoke showreel.
- What do your services cost? Our costs vary depending on the type of service, the amount of work / time involved, and sometimes other factors such as music rights.
Please contact us and tell us about your project and we'll get back to you with a quote and availability.
- Who else have you worked with? Kevin has worked on a wide range of projects, from commercial records, to TV shows, advertising and feature films.
Clients and collaborators to date include :
[TV] Channel 4, BBC, E4, Dave (UKTV), Discovery, History Channel, ITV, TLC ..
[FILM] Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate Films, National Geographic ...
[POP] Bjork, Britney Spears, Dido, Will Young, Santana, Natalie Imbruglia, Sting...
[LABELS] Sony Music, EMI, Universal, Warner Brothers, RAK, Mercury Records..
[ADS] British Airways, B&Q, M&S, Land Rover, Chivas, Jonnie Walker, DNB ..
[PRODUCERS] Brian Eno, James Newton Howard, Nellee Hooper, Cathy Dennis..
- I have a friend who's a composer, why don't I just hire them instead? Confusingly, there are now many people out there calling themselves 'composers' or 'music producers'
This is largely due to cheap new computer technology and software which leads to often very inexperienced musicians into the delusion they are 'professional composers'. In reality, these guys are often bedroom amateurs editing together generic premade music loops - which therefore become overused in the marketplace, and makes any production using them appear cheap, generic, and amateur.
These guys may someday be composers of the future. But not yet. This is why our clients come to us instead. Because our music and audio is of a consistent high standard which adds proven value and quality to a production.
We of course wish those amateur 'composers' all the best in their education and music, though the reality is right now they don't yet have the expertise, resources and years of experience that Kevin and our team at 21stCenturyGenius have - and therefore they just cannot deliver the same standard of results and service for you the client that we can. For over 18 years we have delivered (several thousand) original commercial music productions, many of which have been very successful, and therefore are proven to be able to consistently and reliably deliver the best quality music and audio, without issues or excuses, for our clients time and time again.
- Why don't I just use generic library music for my production?A bespoke original music soundtrack written especially for your production will always make your message 100% more focused and effective than using any pre-existing music (such as pop music or library music), as it will exactly embody your film's message, story, and brand identity - plus (in terms of sustaining an audience's attention) the soundtrack will match the image and story of your film precisely - making it flow and easy, exciting and pleasurable to watch... engaging your audience.
It's also a common criticism that people hear the same library tracks everywhere - productions using it can come across as cheap, unoriginal and amateur. With original composed music tailored to, and adding value to, your unique message, story and values, your production will be of a higher quality, and tell your story that much more effectively.
Contact us if you would like bespoke music written for your production.
- What does a music producer do? A music producer does a number of things relating to the production of music.
Once a piece of music has been composed, it also needs recording, performing, arranging, mixing.. and these various activities add up to a recording, or record.
As an experienced production team, KK and the guys at 21stCenturyGenius have worked on numerous productions (from albums to feature films) and therefore we can 'produce' to a very high standard in our cutting edge London recording studio for a wide variety of contexts. Mostly we work on music which Kevin has composed, but sometimes we'll 'produce' outside work - ie music which has been written by another musician, but needs recording, producing, or mixing, to make it ready for commercial use.
For information on our production services, click Services or contact us.
For music artists and bands, engaging an outside music producer to collaborate with can be extremely beneficial, for a large number of reasons. Read KK's blog post on the subject HERE
- Why '21st Century Genius'?It's not meant (entirely) seriously.. ;)